TOWN COUNCIL MEETING MINUTES
December 8, 2020,
Councilors present at the December 8, 2020 meeting: Bobbi Gordon, Curtis Thompson, Will Lemmon, and Bill Beard. Mayor Juli Kennedy was also present.
Employees present: Scott Lamb, MacKia Tarvin.
Community members present: David Sykes, Russel Ellsworth
Meeting of December 8, 2020 was called to order at 6:03 Tuesday evening by Mayor Juli Kennedy.
Pledge of Allegiance was recited.
Note: when “motion carries” is stated, everyone approved.
Minutes for November 10, 2020:
· Motion to approve the minutes by Councilor Lemmon. Seconded by Councilor Gordon. Motion carries.
· MacKia Tarvin reported that she had sent a letter to Pearl Trahan asking her to move the motor home to a different location, so it was not blocking the road. It has been moved.
· MacKia Tarvin also reported that the Conditional Use Permit for Mr. Ellsworth had been completed and asked the councilors to look it over and approve it. After carefully looking it over and requesting a couple changes the Conditional Use Permit was approved.
· See attached Maintenance Report.
Fire Department Report:
· See attached Fire Department Report
· Councilor Gordon asked that the Town of Lexington give the two employees Scott Lamb and MacKia Tarvin a Christmas bonus of $100 each on a gift card. Councilor Lemmon made a motion to give each employee a $100 Christmas Bonus, seconded by councilor Beard. Motion carries.
· Councilor Gordon requested that Scott Lamb look for new lights to put under the new “Welcome to Lexington” signs, due to the solar ones that we have now not working properly.
Public Comments, Concerns, Questions:
· No public comments, concerns, or questions.
· No Delinquent Accounts.
Financial Reports and Bills:
· Motion was made by Councilor Gordon, seconded by Councilor Beard to approve the financial reports, and bills as presented. Motion Carries.
Meeting was adjourned by Mayor Kennedy at 7:13 pm.