TOWN COUNCIL MEETING MINUTES
October 13, 2020,
Councilors present at the October 13, 2020 meeting: Bobbi Gordon, Bill Beard, Curtis Thompson. Will Lemmon was absent. Mayor Juli Kennedy was also present.
Employees present: Scott Lamb, MacKia Tarvin.
Community members present: David Sykes, John & Dorothy Edwards, Shirley McCarl, Eric & Katie Imes, & Becky Doherty.
Meeting of October 13, 2020 was called to order at 6:15 Tuesday evening by Mayor Juli Kennedy.
Pledge of Allegiance was recited.
Note: when “motion carries” is stated, everyone approved.
Minutes for September 8, 2020:
• Motion to approve the minutes by Councilor Gordon. Seconded by Councilor Beard. Motion carries.
• Mayor Kennedy reported that she sent out an email to follow up on the Small City Allotment Grant due to not hearing anything and to Morrow County to ask on whether or not Lexington is going to get funding again this year and if so how it’s going to be dispersed.
• MacKia Tarvin reported that the Humphrey’s are wanting to change their street address from Depot Street to Humphrey Lane. The councilor’s decided to table the request until it was established that Humphrey Lane is registered with the county.
• Also stated by MacKia was that Connected Professional Accountants, which is who we go through to do our audit, is officially closing their business. She reported that Scott Lamb found Oster Professional group who does the accounting for some of our surrounding communities and that they might be worth looking into.
• Reported by MacKia was that Prinetime sold their company to Gorge Networks. She is currently waiting on a new franchise agreement to be sent over to be signed by the councilors.
• See attached maintenance report.
Fire Department Report:
• Bobbi Gordon reported that she attended the Fire Hall Meeting and discussed what was needed with Josie Miles. She stated that our Fire Department plans on attending training events with some of Lexington’s surrounding departments.
• MacKia Tarvin stated the Russel Ellsworth has officially bought the house on 105 W Arcade Street and that there is going to be a public meeting held to discuss Russel’s intentions with the property.
Public Comments, Concerns, Questions:
• John Edwards pointed out an error on the bills for the month of September and asked that it be fixed. All five councilors stated that MacKia would move forward with adjusting it and making sure that bills are being allotted correctly.
• No Delinquent Accounts.
Financial Reports and Bills:
• Motion was made by Councilor Gordon, seconded by Councilor Beard to approve the financial reports, and bills as presented. Motion Carries.
Meeting was adjourned by Mayor Kennedy at 7:23 pm.